NNMGA envisions a future in which Nepalese Mountain guides will be equipped with all the necessary skills to guide the mountaineers.
NNMGA is a not for profit agency that collaborates with diverse national and international partners to equip the mountain guides with necessary skills.
NNMGA strives to uphold this mission in the following ways:
- Working on training program in collaboration with various national and international agencies.
- To abide or cause to abide rule, policy set by International federation of Mountain Guide Association (IFMGA).
- Advocating for proper guidance to the interested mountaineers.
- Focusing on understanding the problem related to the mountaineering.
- Sustainable training programs that have real impact in the mountaineering arena of the country.
- Culturally-appropriate training programs.
- Learning about and experiencing the culture of mountain guides.
- In-depth planning, development, and evaluation to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- To equip the mountain guides with necessary skills to provide the proper guidance to the interested mountaineers.
- Expand awareness regarding proper guidance among mountain guides.
- Increase availability of sustainable training programs
- Support training programs carried out by agencies of various statuses.
- Continue to provide effective trainings to achieve sustainable programming goals using international resources.
Some of the key objectives of the training provided by the NNMGA in collaboration with line agencies:
- Assessment of the participants forming the aspirant guide/mountain guide.
- Improvement of the healthy and quality climbing and mountaineering activities.
- Define the quality and similar professional guiding skills and technical knowledge appropriate in climbing and mountaineering.